Welcome to Groenewald Accommodation
Groenewald’s B&B and Self-Catering establishment situated 200 meters from the beach and international swimming pool in Strand, surrounded by Hottentots-Holland mountain range and False Bay coastline, is central to towns such as Cape Town, Paarl, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Hermanus. We are central (+- 300m) to shopping areas, restaurants and railway station.
Squeezed in between Somerset West and Gordon’s Bay, we’re only 5 km to the first wine cellar and on the route to Hermanus for the best whale sightings as well as the entrance to the Garden Route.
After a day trip to wine cellars, whale watching, fly fishing in the mountain streams, or just lazing on the beach, you will appreciate coming home to a clean, comfortable accommodation at Groenewald’s, set in a colourful garden.
Your own private barbeque under the stars will give the finishing touch to your perfect day.
We would love you to experience old world Cape-Dutch ambience in our 88 year old house.
Your hosts Dolores & Sarel offer:
- Private & secure off-street parking
- Airport transfer
- Arrangement for restaurant and day tours
- Assistance in planning your day
- Laundry service
- Baby sitting service
- All units have kitchenettes including a fridge
- All units have private entrances
- Tea/coffee tray
- A safe (in the main house)
- TV with Mnet in all units
- ADSL – Internet & Email access
- Breakfast available in the main house at an additional cost
- We regret , no pets allowed.
Please note: All units have en-suite bathrooms. Tambotie has a private bathroom.
Part of our facilities and services are accessible to the disabled and handicapped.
English and Afrikaans spoken.